Last updated April 21st 2020
2 Data Controller
2.1 GoGift, Mosedalvej 14, DK-2500 Valby is the Data Controller (referred to herein as "we", "us" or "our"). This means that we are responsible for your personal information.
3 The purpose and basis for collecting personal data
3.1 We will ensure that your personal information is collected and processed solely for one of the following purposes:
- (a) to promote and/or deliver products and services that you have ordered
- (b) to answer any questions or objections you may have
- (c) to notify you of any changes in our services
- (d) to send you direct marketing, including providing you with information about the products and services which you have previously purchased from us, or which you have inquired about, and enabling you to enter competitions and benefit from promotions
- (e) to prevent abuse and fraud
- (f) to improve our website, products and services
- (g) to retain personal data to the extent necessary to comply with the Accounting Act, the Consumer Agreement Act and any other legal obligations GoGift may have.
3.2 Our basis for processing is:
- (a) The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract, of which you are a party in the context of the purposes described in Sections 3.1(a)-3.1(c)
- (b) The processing is based on the consent to marketing you provide in relation to the purposes described in Section 3.1(d). If the basis for processing is consent, then you have the right to withdraw that consent.
- (c) The processing is necessary for GoGift to be able to pursue its legitimate interests, in particular to improve user experience and security for the purposes set out in Sections 3.1(e) and 3.1(f).
- (d) The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which GoGift is subject for the purposes set out in Section 3.1(g).
3.3 We store your personal information
- (a) For up to seven (7) years from the purchase of the gift or gift voucher from us, among other things, in order to be able to prove our compliance with the Danish Bookkeeping Act and the Danish Consumer Contracts Act.
- (b) If you withdraw your consent to marketing, we delete your personal information from our marketing lists.
4 Categories of Personal Information Used
4.1 We will process and store personally identifiable information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial and payment card information, IP address or other personally identifiable information which you voluntarily disclose when visiting/using our websites and using our services our services in general.
5 Your Rights
5.1 If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal information, please contact us via the contact details given in Section 10 below.
5.2 You can access your personal information at any time and request us to correct, delete or change any incorrect personal information by contacting us via the contact details given in Section 10 below. You can also request us to limit the processing, for data portability or object to our processing of your personal information.
5.3 If you wish to appeal against our processing of your personal information, please contact the Danish Data Protection Agency.
6 Personal Information - Children
6.1 We only process personal information about children under the age of 13 if there is an adult user ordering gifts or a gift voucher for a child. In this case, the information is used solely for delivering the gift voucher.
7 Transfer of Personal Information
7.1 Transfer of personal information to affiliates and to professional advisers may take place in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
7.2 Only trusted employees, agents and suppliers with work-related needs, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, have access to your personal information to the extent that is necessary for providing a service to us or acting on our behalf.
7.3 We reserve the right to use or disclose information to the extent that is necessary for complying with the applicable legislation, carrying out investigations in relation to complaints, protecting the integrity of the site, responding to your requests or for investigative purposes.
7.4 Transfer of personal information is done in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the conclusion of data processing agreements with our data processor in order to ensure that personal data will be treated only for the specified purposes and ensure adequate security measures.
7.5 Personal information we have collected from you may be transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA ("EEA"), including to the United States pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield. If personal information is transferred outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is either transferred to countries which the Commission has determined have a sufficient level of security or that the transfer is in accordance with the standard rules of the Commission.
8 Securing your Personal Information
8.1 We will take care of your personal information by taking the necessary technical and organisational security measures to prevent information being accidentally or illegally destroyed, lost or damaged, and to prevent unauthorised persons obtaining knowledge of this information or otherwise treating it in violation of the applicable data protection legislation.
10 Contact Information
10.1 If you wish to request insight, rectification, the right to be forgotten, deletion, limitation, objection or data portability, or if you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information, you may use: